Nutrition is foundational to health. If our bodies don’t have the right nutritional building blocks, it’s really hard for us to move forward in our health.
Power-Packed Nutrient-Dense Food Has Never Been Easier
Years ago, I learned that nutrient-dense foods were a means to better health. I was determined to source the best quality food that I could find and prepare it using traditional food preparation methods so as to maximize the nutrient value. Unfortunately, making healthy, nutrient-dense foods can be a challenge. It can be expensive and labor-intensive. Adding high-quality bovine colostrum powder to simple ingredients is one way to quickly and easily add the highest quality nutrition to any meal.
Colostrum is “Smart” Nutrition
Colostrum was something that really made sense to me. I saw the potential for what it could do for my family and others. It is truly one of nature’s most perfect foods. Colostrum is designed to work with our bodies and not against our bodies. Colostrum is “smart” nutrition. I don’t just mean that smart people take colostrum. What I mean is that colostrum has an innate intelligence that communicates on the biological level with our bodies. Our bodies know what to do with it. Our bodies are constantly trying to seek a state of wellness. Colostrum gives our bodies the tools to do what they were naturally designed to do, which is to move toward a state of balance.
Some of the Health Benefits of Colostrum
- Promotes cardiovascular health
- Supports a strong immune system
- Promotes gut and gastrointestinal health
- Helps support healthy blood pressure
- Promotes healthy liver function
- Promotes weight loss & healthy metabolic function
- Supports chemical communication throughout the body
- Supports a healthy circulatory system
- Promotes a heathy respiratory function
- Aids in a more restful sleep
- Stimulates a more positive mood
- Supports healthy kidney function
- Helps sustain healthy blood sugar levels
- Supports normal cholesterol
- Promotes increased energy
- Provides neuro-protective benefits
- Supports joint mobility
- Promotes increased stem cell mobilization
- Fosters healthy, smoother softer skin
- Promotes the entire skeletal system
- Aids in reducing oxidative stress
- Benefits skin protection
- Helps maintain youthful muscles
(Your Vitality Factor, by Dr. Anthony Kleinsmith, p. 19)
Cooking with Colostrum
Dr. Anthony Kleinsmith is the world’s leading expert on colostrum. He is the founder of the company Anovite, which produces the only true, unfractionated colostrum on the market, Colostrum6. In his book, Your Vitality Factor, Dr. Kleinsmith explains some of the science behind why high-quality bovine colostrum, such as Colostrum6, has so many benefits for health. My favorite part of the book is the recipe section. Dr. Kleinsmith’ s recipes demonstrate how easy it is to add Colostrum6 to favorite foods. Just about any food that would be enhanced by a creamier addition will be delicious when Colostrum6 is added. I add it to my morning coffee, my afternoon smoothies, and recently I have begun cooking with it as well.
This recipe is easy to make and will likely become a family favorite!
Nutrient Dense Fajita Chicken Bake
- 4 cups roast chicken shredded
- 1 large red pepper chopped
- 1 large yellow pepper chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar or Mexican Blend)
Fajita Spice Mix
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
Creamy Colostrum Salsa
- ⅔ cup salsa
- ¼ cup Colostrum6 (Powdered Colostrum)
- 6 Sprouted Corn Tortillas (crisp fried in olive oil)
Mix shredded roast chicken with Fajita Spice Mix ingredients
- In a large bowl mix 4 cups of shredded roast chicken with Fajita Spice Mix ingredients. When thoroughly mixed place chicken into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Chop the bell peppers into thin strips.
- Spread the bell peppers over the chicken.
Creamy Colostrum Salsa
- Mix the salsa with the Colostrum6 powder and spread over the chicken and peppers.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on the top and place into 375° oven for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Fajita bake can be served alone or as a filling for tortillas.
To serve as a filling for tortillas:
- In a large skillet, heat sprouted corn tortillas in a small amount of olive oil, turning once until both sides are heated and slightly crispy. Remove from pan and immediately fill with fajita bake. Enjoy!